What was he thinking!???
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Surprise to Me!
This is how my husband came home from work on Friday! Was I mad...pretty much (I'm just being honest!) He knows I hate his hair short...but he loves it short! So to explain this and give him credit, this is the whole story...Jeff teaches elementary school. The students participated in a fund raiser...it was a walk-a-thon. The students got sponsors to donate for every lap they walked. The goal was $5000. As motivation (last year they didn't earn very much), different teachers volunteered to do different/funny things for different levels of earnings. The reading teachers did a 80's lipsync for the first $1000. Some of the other teachers got pies thrown in their faces for $2000-$3000. The principal covered his face with shaving cream and got cheetos thrown at him (sticking to the shaving cream) for $4000. If they reached their goal of $5000, Jeff said he would shave his head. Like I said before, they didn't raise much last year so he wasn't too worried. Well the final fund raising was ...$8000! He was the grand finale of the assembly-all the others did their thing as the amounts were announced. They had even arranged for a beautician to come and shave it- the kids were all chanting "Shave It Off"... for him it is no big deal-it's just hair, it will grow back. I don't think he realizes the implications for me. Some of you might remember 9 years ago when he had cancer and was bald for about 7 months while going through chemo...when he walked in I was just sick...I remember him mentioning to me weeks before that he was thinking of that as an option...I just wasn't prepared when he walked in...we even had people at church asking to make sure he wasn't doing chemo again...His coloring is much better than during chemo, but I told him no more surprises like that!
What was he thinking!???
What was he thinking!???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment