Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Now the Update without Pictures

The month of November (and the beginning of December)was absolutely crazy...Connor was the captain of the National Academic League Team for the junior high. They had practice everyday after school and games twice a week. In addition, he was on two indoor soccer teams at two different places. Add all that with young mens and school work and family life...equals crazy! Cheyenne also made the volleyball team...she also had practice after school and games twice a week. She also adds in homework, family life and babysitting! For me of course equals more crazy-her practice went an hour later than Connor's, so I had to make a separate trip to the school to pick her up. Sierra has taken a break from gymnastics-if for no other reason we can't get her there all the time. She has continued her piano though and actually has a recital tonight! She always has a ton of homework-her teacher says in prep for junior high-WHATEVER! Boston always has his homework done before he reaches home...it works out nicely, he can play with Joran! Annicha has also done wonderful in school and is very good about her homework and reading. The three at the elementary school have put up with a lot! I've had to check them out early on many occasions to attend the away games of Connor and Cheyenne...or babysit while I take Connor to indoor games...The youngest two have been dragged everywhere...games, errands, shopping and everywhere!

We had a yummy Thanksgiving at my parents...Lisa and I did the cooking and the shopping the next morning of course. The cousins loved playing together and can't wait until next time... How can I forget the BYU vs. Utah win...we loved the game! Thanks to Jeff's parents for joining us...it was a disjointed game because Connor had and indoor game right in the middle...but we watched it all and are still wearing the smile!

A milestone was made in our family...Connor got his drivers permit the day before Thanksgiving...Here in Utah you are able to get your permit at 15...and Connor turned 15 in September. How sad is it that he had to wait that long because he had no time??? The licensing department is only open 4 days a week 7-4. Connor is never home during those hours so we had to wait until he had a day off school...crazy! He has been driving a couple times with Jeff, who says he is doing great!
Cheyenne is trying out for a comp volleyball team tonight (during Sierra's recital of course), but only after Connor's indoor game...I guess it hasn't let up as much as I thought!

Hopefully after tonight I'll have some more pictures to add, so this doesn't become a novel...in the meantime-you can check out our attempt at pictures in our house...too dark and cold when we are all home together...we're doing more, but not until after Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. I truly wondered if my nerves would survive riding shotgun with Eldon when he had his permit. He's a good driver, but I am a nervous nellie. But, with him driving, it is so great...just you wait!

    ReplyDelete