Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving morning started for me not the same as in years past...I actually waited in my bed until 6:30am to go and get my newspapers from the driveway!!! I know I was as shocked as you...I was awake at 4:30 but was soooo cold I couldn't drag myself outside in my warm jammies to retrieve the paper which is usually half way down the driveway!

After my first round of browsing, Jeff and I were off to do another Turkey Trot. It was 13 degrees when I got out of the car! We did the 5K and then trotted our frozen behinds home. He hurried and got things together for our 1 1/2 drive up north to Jeff's parents (they recently built a home and moved in case some of you who read this hadn't heard). When we arrived it was a whopping 3 degrees!
We had a yummy dinner and pie...and then I played the picture card. Now my family does not like getting pictures done...detest would be a better word. I had this project coming up that I needed a family picture for. The newly updated ones on the blog were great except the room I was hanging this project was not even close to the colors in our family picture...therefore....I brought it up!
Now Jeff's parents built a new home on a lot that used to be Jeff's great-grandparents-the old sheds were there-a perfect background! Jeff did have to shovel a path and standing spot so we could do the pics and we tried to shiver in unison so that we could be done quickly! It isn't the best picture but it does the trick...I'll upload the project picture as soon as I get it hung on my wall!


After dinner it was back home to make my shopping plan of attack...it started on-line about 2am and then in stores about 4:30...like I said before...it was so cold-I wouldn't have even have gone out except Sierra really wanted to go. We froze together and she shopped in her jammies-we had fun. I can't say I was really after anything in particular-my planning ahead gene kicked in long ago so there wasn't much left to really do...now on to decorating!

2 comments: