Friday, January 7, 2011

Christams

DISCLAIMER: I always hesitate to post pictures of birthday's and Christmas (specifically regarding the gifts). I have decided to do this because it is my blog and I do it mainly for me to remember and document what we have done. Those of you who know me know how frugal I am and just because it is given as a gift does in no way mean I've paid full price (even if that is what the sticker says-you'll see the pic coming up-I slacked!). I in no way am trying to display affluence or lack of it ...please keep judgement to yourself and just enjoy the pictures (I promise I don't post every one I take!) and events in our lives.

Here is Christmas morning...Spongebob was entertaining while we waited for some sleepy heads to meander down--it was after 7am !!!
We opened one gift at a time in order from youngest to oldest-it took us quite a while and it was wonderful!!! We even stopped a couple times for a quick clean up!

Lisa and Libby
Maren opening her stocking with Grandma and Grandpa-she was one of the sleepyheads


Joran not really awake to open anything yet


Maren got a pillow pet :)


Joran finally warmed up and he is looking at Toy Story 3 for Wii


Annicha started on her candy from her stocking before she opened her pillow pet!

Maren moved on to a puppy that really walks on a leash! By the time the morning was over Libby and Brita had one of these as well...

Boston got Harry Potter!


Sierra will be getting down later :)

Twinkle toes with lights for Maren!

Remote control 4 wheeler which Joran loves!

Cheyenne will be the camera woman next...

Connor wasn't surprised at all about this one (notice the price tag-best mom award for that one :{)


Boston got a turtle-which is his absolute favorite-thanks Drapers!


Annicha loves to sing!


Sierra has been begging for this forever...leave it to Santa!


Annicha no longer has to "borrow" a leapster from her brother and sister now!


Another one she has been begging for-silly, silly, Sierra!


Joran got a tag reader...he loves learning to read (really :))


Cheyenne graduated to being a part of the undie girls this year!


She is so proud!


In previous years posts you might remember other females in my immediate family receiving these and proudly posing with them! It is a family tradition since the passing of my grandma-weird tradition you might think. The last Christmas she was alive she received some big underpants from some relatives and she just sat there holding them up as the rest of us cracked up (you have to remember she was over 100) she was truly baffled...we lost her the following summer. Grandma spent nearly every Christmas with us for as long as I can remember...the Christmas after her death, Lisa, Josi and I went and found the biggest undies we could find and wrapped them up for our mom. She opened them Christmas morning and we all laughed and cried-we pass them on every year.
Joran was most impressed with Cheyenne's gift this year and promptly told his primary teachers all about Cheyenne's big underwear when asked what he got for Christmas...I had to do a little mop up work on that one -hehehe!

Like I mentioned earlier....I didn't post all of the pics I took so it looks highly uneven-we video Christmas morning (which also has a still shot option)-well part way into the morning our memory was full-thus making us switch cameras...I promise it was fairly even..not to mention some opened things and tucked them before I could get a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment