In October, my blood pressure started to rise... I have never had high blood pressure ever! I slowed down and we just were watched closely. The end of October I was put on bed rest to try and keep my blood pressure down-they didn't believe me that it would only stress me out! I was on bed rest for three weeks when my blood pressure didn't come down and my kidneys weren't functioning the way they were supposed to. I was showing sign of preeclampsia , it was decided...at the end of one of my appointments the Dr said...go have lunch and I'll see you at the hospital in about 2 hours. That was November 21st...exactly one month before I was due.
I didn't end up getting started until dinner time and it was a long night. The baby didn't like the pit very much so they would have to turn it off and let her rest and then start over. My blood pressure was still quite high so we were all anxious. At 7 am on the nose, Necia arrived weighing in at 4 pounds 7 ounces- but perfect!
Jeff insisted on taking this picture of me filling out the paperwork...we were debating on how to spell her name and what day she would be born...Jeff the math nerd wanted her to hold out until 11-22-11...I guess he won all around. That's ok...I'm just glad she is here and she is healthy!
getting checked out by the NICU team...all was good so she got to come to the regular nursery! YEAH!
Time to get cleaned up
Yep, I only weigh 4 pounds 7 ounces...I was 4 pounds 3 ounces when I went home
being poked and prodded already
Mom is glad I'm here
Mom and Necia
Our tiny baby has arrived
After my bath...getting warm (that is a preemie diaper they have on me that is so big)
Dad and Necia
Just like her older brothers and sisters, Dad is a favorite place to sleep

Necia in her crib...the hat came from the hospital to keep her body temp up
Necia without the hat so you can see her hair
this one was taken from a phone, so not so clear
our sleeping beauty

Here is Cheyenne with her new sister
Sierra was so excited for her new sister...she kept telling me no one could come and hold her before the kids
Boston and Necia
Annicha holding a cute bundle
Joran loves his new sister
Maren with her new little sister
The kids (minus Connor) coming to meet their new sister
Grandma holding Necia
Grandpa with Necia
Dad feeding Necia a bottle before we leave for home...Necia was too small to nurse so we had to bottle feed for the first two weeks (that is how long it took for her to figure out what I was trying to teach her to do)
All buckled in and ready to head home...we had to go buy a new car seat that was certified for a 4 pound baby...glad Jeff had the laptop to do some research!
Welcome to our family tiny, precious Necia!
Well done. She is as beautiful as the rest of them :) Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS! I'm so glad that everyone is healthy - that can be pretty scary!
ReplyDeleteShe's so tiny and cute!