Thursday, July 26, 2012

Tuesday-Wednesday

 This is Joran's nurse Michael...we had him for two days actually.  He was the only day nurse we had two days in a row.  Joran really liked him.  He could push Joran in ways the other nurses couldn't. 
Tuesday was spent trying to get Joran feeling better.  He couldn't keep much of anything down which.

He had Grandpa and Grandma Johnson visit on Tuesday- his pioneer activity of the day walking...how appropriate!
We also found out on Tuesday that he had a blood clot-sortof.  It was in his left side-which is odd since everything was on the right side.  Anyway, his left arm started to swell so they did an ultra sound and found a  coagulation in an artery.  He had to start blood thinners.  This would have been fine except for the fact that they are given by injection in his stomach twice a day for three months.  I didn't handle that very well.  He got permission to have them in his thigh, but for a kids who is terrified by needles this just isn't fair.  By the way, when he comes home, we have to give them to him ourselves...JEFF????

Wednesday was a much better day for Joran.  He played Bingo with the other kids in the hospital (via TV) and they called in a few jokes!  He totally loved that-thanks for letting us know about that Tesch's.  Jeff and I spent time reading with him that morning-mainly from a joke book.  It was so good to hear him giggle.  He and Michael were having a "gas" contest.  This made me laugh (and Joran too)- they are trying to get his insides working again so his stomach isn't so upset and hurting him.  Michael figured out a way!  Not that this was mother approved.
 Wednesday, while I was waiting for my sister at the elevator I ran into this little guy.  He is with animal therapy and comes to visit daily.  I asked if she would drop by Joran's room.  I think he liked it!  He also got visited by my sister Josi, who was here from Chicago-unfortunately her cute babies were in the hall, and my sister Lisa and her husband Bret also up for a visit. 


 Wednesday late afternoon Joran was moved to "the floor". That is huge when coming from the ICU.  It is huge for us because now Necia and I can be in his room with him and not wandering the hospital while Jeff is with Joran or Jeff trying to get me away from Joran when Necia is hungry.  He was so excited to be with his dad (like right next to him) and see his little sister after over a week!

He also got to talk with Grandma Stephens who isn't able to come visit because she needs to be with my dad.

 After we got him all settled we had promised to take him to see Spider-Man.  We had spotted this guy just outside of the auditorium they used for sacrament meeting.  He happens to be on the floor Joran is on now.  He thought it was cool and kept feeling Spidey's muscles.


 Here he is "sleeping" last night before I went home.  Huge improvement in the last couple days...

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the floor! Way to go Joran! We have a clinic appointment next Wed. and I hope we don't get to see you because you have gone home!

    ReplyDelete