After three separate rounds of x-rays (the tech said she was the best she had ever seen-no crying or anything...total cooperation-she complimented my parenting skills (something I needed considering how frazzled I was)) it was determined there was no fracture! She would bruise more and probably end up with two black eyes as well. I did advise to make sure she could breathe out of her nose every day until the swelling went down.
Friday, January 29, 2010
Maren's Cute Little Nose????
Tuesday night (Jan 26th) Maren was running up the 4 hardwood stairs we have between our family room and dining/kitchen area..she didn't quite make one and tripped. She was screaming and it immediately started to swell and change color. There was no bleeding, but she wouldn't stop crying. Jeff was at High Council with his phone on silent...29 missed calls later he called back. They were just finishing up and he hurried home...In the meantime, I was trying to get Maren to put ice on her face...she would have no part of it. After Jeff got home (just after 9pm-after the instacare clinics close) we decided to not wait all night in the emergency room. Her nose looked pretty straight and there was still no bleeding. She slept in our bed so we could hear her breathing...I took her in the next morning ( the morning I was supposed to be getting ready for Annicha's birthday party!!!)
After three separate rounds of x-rays (the tech said she was the best she had ever seen-no crying or anything...total cooperation-she complimented my parenting skills (something I needed considering how frazzled I was)) it was determined there was no fracture! She would bruise more and probably end up with two black eyes as well. I did advise to make sure she could breathe out of her nose every day until the swelling went down.


After three separate rounds of x-rays (the tech said she was the best she had ever seen-no crying or anything...total cooperation-she complimented my parenting skills (something I needed considering how frazzled I was)) it was determined there was no fracture! She would bruise more and probably end up with two black eyes as well. I did advise to make sure she could breathe out of her nose every day until the swelling went down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment