I guess you could call this a proud mama moment. I'm just sharing quick...I know I have more blogging to catch up on, but this will have to do for now...today is just too busy!
I got a phone call the other day from our new backyard neighbor. She was asking if Cheyenne was able to babysit for her that night...she had babysat once before for our new neighbors already. Anyway, in the course of talking with my neighbor, she explained to me how they had gone to the temple the time before and when they tried to pay Cheyenne she wouldn't take any money. They thought it was really neat that a young woman would babysit for free when the couple goes to the temple. Way to go Cheyenne....:)
One more proud mama moment. Our Stake Presidency has challenged our stake this year to read the Old Testament as families. The way it works out is 5 pages 5 days a week. We are pretty in the habit of reading during the week, but our schedules on the weekend are hard to coordinate. Jeff and I decided that we would read the Bible during the week and do our Book of Mormon on the weekends and really make it happen (so far we haven't missed a day :)). Anyway, the first Sunday in January we were early for church (Connor has to prepare the Sacrament) so as I was sitting there I happen to glance at Boston...he was bent over his scriptures reading...so I casually ask...what ya doin' ? He says," I'm reading the Book of Mormon myself this year..." and goes back to reading. You have to remember he is 9! He sure gave me a permagrin the entire day!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good for them! What great kids!
ReplyDelete