Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cereal anyone??

Any of you who know me at all, know that I love to coupon! Some might scoff at this, but I will be the one smiling all the way to the bank with my savings :)
Today I went after cereal...in case you are wondering...that is a total of 50 boxes of captain crunch and oatmeal...the final cost...$21.50! That is 40 cents a box...and I still have coupons for another 6 boxes free...I will pick those up probably tomorrow...you have to remember I have two small children who accompany me on these trips so I have to keep it simple and make sure I have room in the cart for my shopping companions as well as my groceries...
I am sure some of you wonder what in the world we do with big shopping trip purchases like this. The main reason we bought our current home...a 6 foot high storage room under our family room...it has shelves on two walls for our food storage (the other wall has tubs with clothing being passed down, a tub for gifts, a tub for backpacks, etc...the other wall has our decorations and holiday tubs...) We use our storage room as a mini store...and we are now stocked in the captain crunch department. Maybe when I get my table cleared off down there I will add some pictures of the storage room...just thought I would share my obsession!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome find!! I'm stocking up on cereal right now too. I'm just starting to get into coupons but what I've seen so far I'm loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally stocked up on these cereals also, but you must have had better coupons!

    ReplyDelete