Friday, April 30, 2010

A Conversation With Maren

As I was putting my make-up on this morning, Maren walks into the bathroom. She survey's the situation and asks: "I need some lip gloss!" I answer: "how about after we do your hair" Maren says,"um no, now!" "How about after I do your hair?" I ask...she doesn't like the answer and walks away.
Not thirty seconds later she walks back in fake coughing...."Mom, I need a cough drop!" she says while opening the bathroom closet and pulling out the hamper so she can climb the shelves. "Um...no" I tell her. She proceeds to hang and swing on the closet handle. She then stops and looks right at me and says,"Mom, stop sassing me!" She gets distracted by the pile of TP stacked by the toilet..."Mom, watch me make a towering castle" "OK" She proceeds to stack all the rolls up into a large tower..."look how pretty my castle is- I think I'll take it down to show Joran" after which she makes numerous trips to her room with the toilet paper...when I went down stairs I found out why. She had filled her doll crib and stroller with the rolls and carried them downstairs and has rebuilt the tower right in front of the TV so Joran has to notice it!
What I learned from all of this-after I stopped laughing-Maren is going to push me on everything, so stick to my guns! She actually listens, if only to throw my words back in my face later! ( I didn't think that happened until much later in life!) Most importantly....move over LEGOS-make room for Northern!
You have to remember...she is still only 2!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment