Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Connor Strikers Tournament and Back to School Night

The strikers tournament started the day after Jeff's surgery. All the games were in Layton, just at different fields. I took Connor to the first game on Wednesday evening...they won 12-0.
The second game was on Thursday night...which also happened to be back to school night for all 5 of my school kids and for Jeff. Jeff has taken one of my older girls (Sierra) during the day to be his legs and help get his room ready. The junior high's scheduled time was early enough to go to before we had to leave for the game...we made it to most of the teachers with just enough time for Connor to change and then off we went again. (I had told the elementary kids we would have to go the next day since I couldn't be everywhere at once) :( Connor's team won the second game 3-0. This game however had a complication...I had a tire blow about a mile from the field. I was driving the van which Jeff usually drives and didn't really know how to change the tire. I hurried and called another mom to see if she could pick up Connor and take him to the field so he wouldn't be late. While I was doing this another parent drove by and picked him up. Luckily the mother that I called brought another players dad to help me change it...he was a lifesaver. There was no way Jeff could have helped me!
The next morning I was buying two new tires...at least it happened to me and not Jeff...that would have been bad.
Friday we tried to visit the elementary teachers...2 of 3 weren't at school...which probably led to the trauma on the first day -I'll get to that in the next post. The friday game Connor also won 2-0. That meant he would play in the championship game the next day( The championship game was at 1pm...did I mention it was 100 degrees out for all these games?)
The game didn't start well...Connor's defensive wing wouldn't move...2 goals were scored against them because of this (his old coach was sitting next to us-I should say pacing repeating over and over how this boy was doing the same thing as last season!)
It didn't get any better...at least they didn't shut Connor's team out or out score us by much, but the ref gave the other team a goal that was way offsides (you should have seen the President of our soccer club and the trainer hollering)...it should have been a tie game. The boys took it well considering they had previously shut out this team and they had more points overall than this team (the tournament standings are weird, I don't know why we even played this team again since we had already beat them; they had a loss and we were undefeated-doesn't undefeated = winner????) Anyway, here is the picture of the medal...the other teams were the same only said first...

No comments:

Post a Comment