Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School

I have learned/am still learning that no matter how well prepared for things something out of my control happens!

The morning started well...everyone got up, showered and dressed in time for scripture study at 6:30am. Jeff now has to drive Connor to Roy High to catch his bus at 7am (he is taking some Weber State classes at a satellite school and then they bus him back to the junior high for the remaining classes). Here is the picture of Connor before he left (he loves his student body sweater, but was dying by the days end...it is wool-no air at the school and it's about 100 degrees here. They are required to wear it all day the first week to assist the new 7th graders or kids new to the school.):



Jeff taking Connor to the bus, if you look closely, Connor is holding his hand up so I can't get another picture of him.


Cheyenne left just after 7am to catch the bus.



As I started to get the rest of the kids ready, Cheyenne texted me asking why Connor was still in the High School Parking lot. Connor hadn't taken his phone that morning (the pockets in his shorts were too shallow and he didn't want it falling out) so I had her run to the High School so I could talk to Connor. The bus hadn't come. I hurried and put a pony in Annicha's hair and took a picture...apologizing for not being able to get them on the bus the first day. Annicha broke down...I didn't really have a choice considering Connor's class was starting in 10 minutes. Here is the picture of Boston, Sierra and Annicha before I left.

I picked up Connor and two other boys that were there and drove them to the other High School and then went back to the elementary school. That was the deal I made with Annicha to get her to go on the bus. I found Annicha playing outside...she was doing great until it was time to go in. She panicked...remember from my previous post about not meeting her teacher? She was wrapped around my leg and wouldn't let go. I helped her unload her supplies to her room and she started crying. Her teacher didn't say a word to either her or me...I felt awful leaving her crying at her desk...I'll admit it now...it made me cry as I left. I was so mad that all the circumstances-from not meeting her teacher to me not being able to put her on the bus and having to go to the school and leave her crying ruined her day.

While the kids were at school I took Joran and Maren and we made school bus cookies and did laundry. I don't have pics of the cookies, but I do have one of Maren as she was waiting for me to change the laundry.
She has started this jumping thing...she jumped down the bottom step and fell forward into the corner of a wall...we had a huge bump with the blue/red line that threatens stitches...Joran was a speedster in getting an ice pack (one with princesses on it) and Maren let me hold it there until the swelling went way down.


We decided to walk to the bus stop and meet the bus in hopes that Annicha would forgive me for the morning.

Here are the after school pictures:

Here is Boston-the first off the bus


Annicha-happy to be home you think?


Here is Sierra, Annicha's friend Aubrey is in front of her


It was a long day and I am so glad it is over. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

1 comment: