Sunday, May 24, 2009

Main Bathroom Before, During and After

Jeff had already torn into this bathroom before I got any pictures...he's taken all the tile off already in this picture.

Another view...

Jeff removing the leaky faucet...

Jeff loving using the power tools...

After all the walls were torn out.

The back part of the tub.

After we got all the walls out, we thought we were ready for a new bath...Jeff started looking down near the floor and it was rotten. We ended up having to take out the tub and cutting out sections of our sub floor that were rotten! It just never seems to end! This is the area Jeff cut out...we had to tear out a row of tile Jeff put in a few months ago so we could repair the water damage.

Another shot of the torn out floor.

A view into the family room down below...the white in these pictures is the ceiling of the family room down stairs.

Here is the view from the family room below...we've had 3-4 holes in our ceiling like this for years...trying to discover different water leaks...hopefully this will be the last (find some wood quick!) Maren on a daily basis points to the hole and tell me, "Hole! Daddy did it!"

Maren was really funny while we were doing this... after I took down the shower curtain, I folded it and put it in the master bath...a little while later I couldn't find Maren anywhere. This is where I found her. She was curled up on her floor in the shower curtain...funny girl!


Drum role please....the finished bathroom...minus the row of tile and baseboard we'll have to now fix...
view from the doorway

the back of the bathtub

here is the finished tub minus the tile on the edge...


Yahoo...this project makes two bathrooms down...I have to take finish pictures of the first one we tore out...so next we move on to the Master...

No comments:

Post a Comment